:: Thursday, February 03, 2005 ::
Related to our dinner conversation tonight
This post brings up a lot of the issues we were discussing tonight at dinner regarding how we can faithfully participate in our political process as believers.
We decided tonight that
1. we were all sick of having to pick the lesser of the two evils in our election process.
2. we feel as trapped by our American Democracy with its (very) limited menu of options (viz. Republican and Democrat) as early Christians probably did when asked to choose between Galba, Otho, Vitellius and Vespasian in 69 AD. (Yes, my classics/history analogy, not everyone's!)
3. we want to find a way to be good stewards of our national rights - right to participate in the political process, etc. to allow for us to be faithful to our beliefs without having to choose between a party that (charictaristically) doesn't mind the incredible slaughter of the unborn and a party that (charictaristically) tramples on the poor. Thus,
4. we are frustrated with having to choose which "voiceless" we are going to stand up for
5. we don't know what we are going to do about it.
:: Matt 2/03/2005 09:45:00 PM :: permalink ::