< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.msquaredt.com/blog/" > M squared T

::

:: M squared T ::

Do you have an M Squared life? Matt does...
:: welcome to M squared T :: bloghome | atom xml feed | e-mail ::
[::..eccentricities..::]
:: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign [>]
:: fightingillini.com [>]
:: Champaign-Urbana [>]
:: Astronomy Picture of the Day [>]
:: Christian Classics Ethereal Library [>]
:: Perseus Project [>]
:: Intratext Digital Library [>]
:: Rule of St. Benedict [>]
:: The Works of John Donne [>]
:: Oxyrhynchus [>]
:: The Cluetrain Manifesto [>]
:: M.S.S. [>]
:: Atom Enabled [>]
[::..recommended..::]
:: TNIV [>]
:: Allelon [>]
:: Emergent Village [>]
:: Off The Map [>]
:: next-wave [>]
:: the ooze [>]
:: Relevant Magazine [>]
:: vineyard central, Norwood, OH [>]
:: Revised Common Lectionary [>]
:: Nooma [>]
:: Christ-informed Web Link Page [>]
:: Le Monde [>]
:: Evanescence [>]
:: Third Day [>]
[::..mission partners..::]
:: The Baptist Student Foundation at the University of Illinois [>]
:: Urbana Theological Seminary [>]
:: International Ministries [>]
:: Xtreme Team [>]
:: Mission Discovery Teams [>]
:: Matthew's Church, Riga, Latvia [>]
[::..(abbreviated)..::]
[::..blogroll..::]
:: Living Room [>]
:: Kevin Rains [>]
:: Alan Creech [>]
:: Eric Keck [>]
:: Jeremiah Smith [>]
:: Odyssey [>]
:: Steve the New Kind of Christian [>]
[::..shortcuts..::]
:: Yahoo Login - Secure [>]
:: Blogger Login [>]
:: Google Search [>]
[::..recently..::]
[::..on m squared t..::]
:: Wetter House Yes, the rain is coming through the ...
:: Wet House Friday we had a nasty rainstorm. It wo...
:: Indie Allies Meetup Day Hey folks: this is for an...
:: Illini Football!!!! Ok: just to clarify for the n...
:: Recruitment, Discipleship or Football? The last f...
:: Busy days ahead? All the students moved back to t...
:: A Whole Lot of Mission Today we printed a flyer f...
:: Smashing Success Today Koinonia and Stratford Chr...
:: What's Up I'm back from a blogging hiatus. I've ...
:: You're Not Like A Minister, You're Like a Friend ...
[::..previously..::]
[::..on m squared t..::]
[::.. (c) ..::]
[::.. 2003-2004 ..::]
[::.. M Squared T ..::]

:: Thursday, September 11, 2003 ::

Where Were You?

Two years ago this morning, I was getting ready for work (I set my own hours, and I woke up late). As I was getting ready to leave, my mom burst in the door of our house and said, "Someone stopped me on my way in and said a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center!"

My first thought was, "must be a heckofa storm out there for someone to crash into the WTC like that." Then mom flipped the TV on (to CBS - WCIA Channel 3). Seconds later, we saw the second plane hit, out of the clear, blue sky. I'm not sure if it was in realtime or a replay, but that was the first thing we saw.

My heart jumped into my throat, and I went numb. I said, "Wow... one plane, that's an accident... but two, well, that's terrorism!" Little did I know the extent of what would take place.

We watched the TV for a few minutes, and I saw the first tower fall. Then I realized that I still needed to go to work. At the time, I worked as a Computer Systems Administrator in a local high school and thought I could do some "pastoral care" if I were to go to work rather than gawk at the TV. Shortly after I arrived at work, the second tower collapsed.

September 11, 2001 transformed the nation's psyche. Government officials now have to go on TV every time something unusual happens to declare whether it was terrorism or not. Terrorism is now on our list of possible explanations for just about everything.

I pray for peace. I pray for freedom from fear. Come, Lord Jesus!

:: Matt 9/11/2003 03:44:00 PM :: permalink :: ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

[::..Curriculum..::]
[::..for..::]
[::..Christlikeness..::]
:: What is the Curriculum? [>]
[::..Spirituality I..::]
:: Foundational ::
:: The Bible (of course!) [>]
:: The Divine Conspiracy [>]
:: Celebration of Discipline [>]
:: The Spirit of the Disciplines [>]
::
:: Primary Texts ::
:: The Practice of the Presence of God (Image/Doubleday Ed.) [>]
:: or ::
:: The Practice of the Presence of God (Spire Ed.) [>]
:: The Weight of Glory [>]
:: The Way of the Heart [>]
:: Lectio Divina [>]
::
:: Secondary Texts ::
:: The Study of Spirituality [>]
:: Listening Prayer [>]
:: Hearing God [>]
:: The Renovation of the Heart [>]
::
[::..Spirituality II..::]
:: Life Together [>]
:: In progress... check back later [>]
::
[::..Miscellaneous..::]
:: The Connecting Church [>]
::
Truth Laid Bear Ecosystem
This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?