< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.msquaredt.com/blog/" > M squared T

::

:: M squared T ::

Do you have an M Squared life? Matt does...
:: welcome to M squared T :: bloghome | atom xml feed | e-mail ::
[::..eccentricities..::]
:: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign [>]
:: fightingillini.com [>]
:: Champaign-Urbana [>]
:: Astronomy Picture of the Day [>]
:: Christian Classics Ethereal Library [>]
:: Perseus Project [>]
:: Intratext Digital Library [>]
:: Rule of St. Benedict [>]
:: The Works of John Donne [>]
:: Oxyrhynchus [>]
:: The Cluetrain Manifesto [>]
:: M.S.S. [>]
:: Atom Enabled [>]
[::..recommended..::]
:: TNIV [>]
:: Allelon [>]
:: Emergent Village [>]
:: Off The Map [>]
:: next-wave [>]
:: the ooze [>]
:: Relevant Magazine [>]
:: vineyard central, Norwood, OH [>]
:: Revised Common Lectionary [>]
:: Nooma [>]
:: Christ-informed Web Link Page [>]
:: Le Monde [>]
:: Evanescence [>]
:: Third Day [>]
[::..mission partners..::]
:: The Baptist Student Foundation at the University of Illinois [>]
:: Urbana Theological Seminary [>]
:: International Ministries [>]
:: Xtreme Team [>]
:: Mission Discovery Teams [>]
:: Matthew's Church, Riga, Latvia [>]
[::..(abbreviated)..::]
[::..blogroll..::]
:: Living Room [>]
:: Kevin Rains [>]
:: Alan Creech [>]
:: Eric Keck [>]
:: Jeremiah Smith [>]
:: Odyssey [>]
:: Steve the New Kind of Christian [>]
[::..shortcuts..::]
:: Yahoo Login - Secure [>]
:: Blogger Login [>]
:: Google Search [>]
[::..recently..::]
[::..on m squared t..::]
:: July 4th Happy 227th birthday to the United State...
:: Reflections on A Year Ago Throughout the day, whe...
:: Xtreme Team A year ago today I left the safety of...
:: Jogger Blogger Andrew Careaga has placed a reques...
:: Solidarity with Christian Brothers & Sisters Five...
:: No more pager today I don't get it back 'til Wedn...
:: The Pager I hate the pager. I really, really hat...
:: On Call Well, I had one quiet night on call last ...
:: Preaching I will be giving a sermon at University...
:: Stress It is very hard to help a family wrestle w...
[::..previously..::]
[::..on m squared t..::]
[::.. (c) ..::]
[::.. 2003-2004 ..::]
[::.. M Squared T ..::]

:: Friday, July 11, 2003 ::

CPE's good for something after all...

[Note: CPE is the chaplaincy internship I'm involved in at the hospital here. It's supposed to be an intense learning experience. Intense? Yeah, crazy is more like it!]

There's something a bit daunting about entering a patient's room sometimes. At least that was the way it was for me the first few days of CPE. All the "what ifs" start coming up... all the social phobia stuff.

The first few visits I made I was a nervous wreak. Now I might still be daunted at times, especially by people diagnosed as "confused," but I'm a lot less nervous to just jump in and visit.

Overcoming this social fear has been a great leap forward for me. I have gained the confidence to go up to new people with a lot less fear. This has lowered my general anxiety level, I believe. (This is not to say I don't find other things to be anxious about.) But it has helped me meet my neighbors, whom I have been wanting to meet. And I've discovered that it's thrilling to do so. I'm meeting some really interesting people. As I meet people I can learn how to serve them in the name of Christ. And that will be even more thrilling!

:: Matt 7/11/2003 11:13:00 PM :: permalink :: ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

[::..Curriculum..::]
[::..for..::]
[::..Christlikeness..::]
:: What is the Curriculum? [>]
[::..Spirituality I..::]
:: Foundational ::
:: The Bible (of course!) [>]
:: The Divine Conspiracy [>]
:: Celebration of Discipline [>]
:: The Spirit of the Disciplines [>]
::
:: Primary Texts ::
:: The Practice of the Presence of God (Image/Doubleday Ed.) [>]
:: or ::
:: The Practice of the Presence of God (Spire Ed.) [>]
:: The Weight of Glory [>]
:: The Way of the Heart [>]
:: Lectio Divina [>]
::
:: Secondary Texts ::
:: The Study of Spirituality [>]
:: Listening Prayer [>]
:: Hearing God [>]
:: The Renovation of the Heart [>]
::
[::..Spirituality II..::]
:: Life Together [>]
:: In progress... check back later [>]
::
[::..Miscellaneous..::]
:: The Connecting Church [>]
::
Truth Laid Bear Ecosystem
This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?