< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://www.msquaredt.com/blog/" > M squared T

::

:: M squared T ::

Do you have an M Squared life? Matt does...
:: welcome to M squared T :: bloghome | atom xml feed | e-mail ::
[::..eccentricities..::]
:: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign [>]
:: fightingillini.com [>]
:: Champaign-Urbana [>]
:: Astronomy Picture of the Day [>]
:: Christian Classics Ethereal Library [>]
:: Perseus Project [>]
:: Intratext Digital Library [>]
:: Rule of St. Benedict [>]
:: The Works of John Donne [>]
:: Oxyrhynchus [>]
:: The Cluetrain Manifesto [>]
:: M.S.S. [>]
:: Atom Enabled [>]
[::..recommended..::]
:: TNIV [>]
:: Allelon [>]
:: Emergent Village [>]
:: Off The Map [>]
:: next-wave [>]
:: the ooze [>]
:: Relevant Magazine [>]
:: vineyard central, Norwood, OH [>]
:: Revised Common Lectionary [>]
:: Nooma [>]
:: Christ-informed Web Link Page [>]
:: Le Monde [>]
:: Evanescence [>]
:: Third Day [>]
[::..mission partners..::]
:: The Baptist Student Foundation at the University of Illinois [>]
:: Urbana Theological Seminary [>]
:: International Ministries [>]
:: Xtreme Team [>]
:: Mission Discovery Teams [>]
:: Matthew's Church, Riga, Latvia [>]
[::..(abbreviated)..::]
[::..blogroll..::]
:: Living Room [>]
:: Kevin Rains [>]
:: Alan Creech [>]
:: Eric Keck [>]
:: Jeremiah Smith [>]
:: Odyssey [>]
:: Steve the New Kind of Christian [>]
[::..shortcuts..::]
:: Yahoo Login - Secure [>]
:: Blogger Login [>]
:: Google Search [>]
[::..recently..::]
[::..on m squared t..::]
:: The New Job I'm working as an intern chaplain in ...
:: I'm ba-ack!!! Well folks, it looks like I'm settl...
:: Moving On If you hadn't already gathered by my mo...
:: I guess the joke got old... Anyone who ever had t...
:: Ascension Happy Ascension Day!!! (Yeah, I know I...
:: Latest adventures A friend and I decided to drive...
:: Blogging about blogging II It's really amusing to...
:: Blogging about blogging Bene Diction is asking so...
:: De Dei Ecclesia As many of you know, I've been do...
:: Whew! After a crazy few days, I've finally finish...
[::..previously..::]
[::..on m squared t..::]
[::.. (c) ..::]
[::.. 2003-2004 ..::]
[::.. M Squared T ..::]

:: Monday, June 09, 2003 ::

It's so hard to leave sometimes...

Sunday was my last day at St. B's. I made the decision long ago to leave and to move on to the chaplaincy I am now in and to work alongside students in a campus ministry setting.

But it's still hard to leave.

I don't know what I'll miss the most. Perhaps it will be the high-church liturgy with all its accoutrements: colors, vestments, incense, the Sign of the Cross (especially at the Trinitarian Benediction - "And now may the blessing of God Almighty the Father, Son and Holy Spirit be with you and remain with you always. Amen"), excellence in music, or the beautiful words of the Eucharistic Prayer. There is something incredible about "Joining our voices with angels and archangels who forever sing this hymn to proclaim the glory of your name: Holy, holy, holy Lord God Almighty..." And calling down the Holy Spirit never ceases to give me the chills. ("Lord, we pray that in your goodness and mercy your Holy Spirit may descend upon us, and upon these gifts, sanctifying them and showing them to be holy gifts for your holy people, the bread of life and the cup of salvation, the Body and Blood of your Son Jesus Christ.")

Perhaps it will be the good-natured discussions held over points of theology. I will miss the shocked looks on people's faces when I step aside from the lectern and preach with a raised voice. Evidently, "I preach like a Baptist." I suppose I will miss the constant, mutual culture shock.

But I know what will be the most difficult: leaving the people. I will miss working with Fr. M---. It was good to be pushed to reflect on my theology in a host of ways. I will miss the choir; I will miss the people who sat near me during the Rite II service in the pew every week. I will miss the people whom I joined in working with the middle schoolers. I will miss the "Prayer Behind the Altar" crew.

I will definitely miss the youth: High School group, you blew me away. If it wasn't your ability to reference the Donatist Controversy in Bible study and apply it directly to the issue at hand, it certainly was your excitement at discovering what it means to live life "in God" and your intense joy in besting one another at "Pit" and "Chronology."

For a great 20 + months, thank you. For teaching me to worship anew, thank you. Thank you, God, for this great place and great opportunity.

And now, may the blessing of God Almighty the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit be with you and remain with you always. Amen.

:: Matt 6/09/2003 11:23:00 PM :: permalink :: ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

[::..Curriculum..::]
[::..for..::]
[::..Christlikeness..::]
:: What is the Curriculum? [>]
[::..Spirituality I..::]
:: Foundational ::
:: The Bible (of course!) [>]
:: The Divine Conspiracy [>]
:: Celebration of Discipline [>]
:: The Spirit of the Disciplines [>]
::
:: Primary Texts ::
:: The Practice of the Presence of God (Image/Doubleday Ed.) [>]
:: or ::
:: The Practice of the Presence of God (Spire Ed.) [>]
:: The Weight of Glory [>]
:: The Way of the Heart [>]
:: Lectio Divina [>]
::
:: Secondary Texts ::
:: The Study of Spirituality [>]
:: Listening Prayer [>]
:: Hearing God [>]
:: The Renovation of the Heart [>]
::
[::..Spirituality II..::]
:: Life Together [>]
:: In progress... check back later [>]
::
[::..Miscellaneous..::]
:: The Connecting Church [>]
::
Truth Laid Bear Ecosystem
This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?